top of page
Elderly woman reads

Frequently Asked Questions

We understand that without previous experience in aged care or disability support, getting the information you need can seem daunting.


Here are the most common enquiries we receive as a support provider.

You might find this section a good place to start, so you have a better idea of what’s involved.


And of course, you can always give us a call.

What is 'My Aged Care'?

'My Aged Care' is the starting point to access Australian Government-funded aged care services. The phone line and website can help older Australians, their families and carers to get the help, support and funding they need for living in their own homes.


Who is eligible for my aged care?

To be eligible for this program, you must be aged: 65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people). If you are on a low income, homeless or at risk of being homeless, eligibility starts at 50 years or 45 years for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.


How do I get a referral to my aged care?

Call the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422.

If you are able to provide the contact centre with all relevant information, a referral will be sent directly to an assessment organisation without the need for the My Aged Care contact centre to call you.


Which levels of Home Care Packages do you manage?

Omnicare manages all four levels of Home Care Packages.

What is the Commonwealth Home Support Client Contribution?
The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) is committed to providing essential support services to older Australians, enabling them to maintain their independence and quality of life. Fundamental to the sustainability of the program is the concept of client contributions, which assist in covering the costs of service provision. 
Read More


Who do I talk to about accessing the NDIS?

If you haven’t applied for NDIS funding, we recommend contacting Blue Sky Communities. They are one of the NDIS Partners in the Community (PITC) - which provides plan implementation services across the Mid North Coast region. Their local area coordinators (LACs) can give you the most up-to-date support and advice on accessing the NDIS. Phone them on 1800 241 675, or email:


Can you provide Coordination of Supports?

Under the NDIS there are three levels of Support Coordination (or Coordination of Support). Omnicare provides Level 1 and Level 2 Coordination of Supports. Our team can assist you to understand your NDIS plan so you get the most out of your funding; connect with other supports and providers to receive services; and help to strengthen your informal supports.


Can I get services outside of business hours?

We provide flexible and responsive services wherever possible. Our clients also have access to an on-call staff member 24 hours a day, in case of emergency.


Are your services for government-funded clients only?

Most Omnicare clients have NDIS, Home Care Packages, or CHSP funding, but many clients are self-funded. We’re an inclusive organisation committed to improving quality of life for all. We welcome everyone to benefit from our services.


How do I make a complaint?

As a not-for-profit provider of aged care and disability support, Omnicare is committed to putting people first and delivering high quality services. We place great emphasis on meeting Aged Care and NDIS standards. If you feel we’ve not met those standards, or if you're unhappy with the service you've received from Omnicare, we need your feedback. We have a carefully considered process for managing complaints that meets both Aged Care and NDIS requirements . You can download our policy by clicking on the button below.

bottom of page